27 November 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

After months and months, weeks and weeks, days and days of waiting, it' finally and officially Christmas time. Finallyfinallyfinally. I'm a bit of a Christmas fanatic, you know.
I already plastered the flat with Christmas decorations last weekend, there's hearts, stars, moons, candles, snow men, rocking horses, holly, ivy and fir literally everywhere. We even have a little white owl sitting on the doorhandle of the pantry door. Her name is Hedwig, of course (the owl's, not the door handle's). There's fairy lights around my mirror and my little deer has a Santa hat.



Isn't it adorable?
And of course there's an Advent wreath, too. I made it myself and I think it's quite pretty, don't you agree? (I'll turn you into a frog if you don't, so you better do.)


The Absinthe Robette card in the background isn't very christmas-y but we just don't have any other place to put it (except for 'away' but we won't do that).
Christmas food isn't missing either, you can expect quite a few recipes over the coming weeks starting tomorrow at the very latest. The first Christmas biscuits have already been made and photographed, I just have to find the time to photoshop the pictures.

Off to have biscuits and mulled wine, and listen to Christmas music with my flatmate.
Have a holly jolly first Advent!

No comments:

Post a Comment